Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tolerance

My dad has been staying with me for the past few days as he is undergoing tests to get on the list for a liver transplant. Griffin and Olivia are not quite sure how they feel having their Grandpi at home.

They are unhappy with the long hours we've been gone at the hospital, even though their Grandmother has been coming over to spend time with them while we are gone. They haven't been getting 4 park trips per day and that is unacceptable to Olivia.

They are enjoying mealtimes immensely because my dad drops as much food as he eats and they like the sharing that they've all been doing. And I think they enjoy that when I am gone, they can be outside all day because he is home and so the door is open pretty much all day, every day.

Olivia, as expected, has a few opinions. We re-arranged the living room to accommodate a tv (which isn't usually set up) and I'm not exaggerating, Olivia walked in, looked at the new set up, looked at me, gave me a look that said, "I don't like it" and then turned around with her nose in the air and walked to the kitchen where she sat, pouting, for a good amount of time. No other dog in the world cares about the living room arrangement, but Olivia is not an ordinary dog. I coaxed her back in and she reluctantly sat on the couch, but she was clearly displeased with the loud volume, the warmer-than-usual temperature of the room and the old man in the corner.

Griffin is struggling with my dad's lack of interest in aggressive cuddling. Every time he walks past my dad and wipes slobber across his pants, my dad struggles to see the charm or cuteness.

But overall, everyone is adjusting and living in slobber and harmony.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Dad, hope all turns out well. I know that my Dad too fails to see the charm in all that slobber and goop. A day without slobber is like a day without sunshine! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete