Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mug Shot



Does this look like the face of a criminal? I didn't think so either, until today!

When we got to the park, there as a man throwing a ball for his golden retriever. He was using one of those ball tossing sticks (see photo below). I don't own one of these because on the rare occasion my bulldogs chase a tennis ball, it's always limited to the length of my living room.  

Griffin was being his usual charming, smiling self and wiggled up to the man. I said, "he's very friendly" and as the man smiled at me to acknowledge my ridiculous dog, Griffin casually, and yet surprisingly quick (for him) grabbed the toy our of the man's hands and ran away. My mouth dropped open and my eyes got wide and then I ran after him, shouting, "give that back!"

Luckily bulldogs aren't long distance runners, so I caught him 20 feet away and was able to return the toy to the nice man (who, luckily, was smiling) and then take my little future criminal to the other side of the park so he wouldn't embarrass me any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment