Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adjusting

Griffin is what I like to call an aggressive cuddler. He is 70 pounds of enthusiasm and is eager to share his love with every person he meets. Given the opportunity, he will head-butt and wiggle his way onto your lap, slobber soaking your shirt or pants (or both), and smash his face into your face. He doesn't know how big and strong he is and just wants to be cuddled like a baby.

Unfortunately not everyone appreciates aggressive cuddling. Two of my staff have arrived to camp and Griffin and Olivia are re-adjusting. Olivia has been screeching for about 24 hours now- I'm not sure what her problem is exactly, I think she is trying to make sure she is still the center of attention. I'm hoping that she calms down soon.

Meanwhile, Griffin is thrilled to have more people to love. He's being as charming as a dirty, smelly, slobbery, hairy, 70 pound bulldog can be, but Program Director Paul still hasn't quite warmed to Griffin's intense love. I hope that Griffin calms down and gets used to everyone soon. As I type this, he is sitting on Paul's feet. He has gradually been inching closer to him all evening, gazing up adoringly, whimpering and trying to climb onto his lap whenever Paul appears to not be looking.

It's going to be a long summer if Griffin can't learn about personal space...

1 comment:

  1. The song "Close to You" by the Carpenters comes to mind when I think of Griffin!

    ReplyDelete